Director of Finance Control
The ideal candidate for this newly-created position in Gurgaon, India will have excellent technical, management and communication skills. Attention to detail and the ability to consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment are all necessary in the role. The successful candidate will be responsible for all day-to-day accounting, finance and tax functions for the company’s India operations and have direct oversight and management of third-party accounting service providers in multiple countries.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Director of Financial Control will liaise on a regular basis with accounting, tax, treasury and financial planning personnel at the company’s San Francisco headquarters.
- Responsible for the accounting and finance functions in India including direct oversight over third-party accounting firms responsible for processing payroll and daily accounting transactions. This role will be responsible for the review and analysis of monthly financial statements prepared by local service providers to ensure compliance with US and India accounting principles.
- Working closely with the APAC regional management team, this role will lead financial forecasting and business analysis to support the rapid growth in India and will be responsible for developing weekly and monthly reporting and analysis of key operating metrics.
- Develop and manage local accounting processes and ensure compliance with the company’s financial and business policies and practices.
- Provide senior business leadership in managing various ad hoc projects.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- The ability to relay complex financial data to non financial professionals.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Certified public accountant highly desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a multinational enterprise with responsibility for management and statutory reporting.
- Familiarity with India Finance & Accounting regulations.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Second language a strong plus.
- Must be passionate about Airbnb.
We are a dynamic team with large ideas, we move a thousand miles an hour and we need our team members to be able to keep up. If you think you have the right attitude and experience for this role, hit the apply button now!